The reverse marinade is a unique method where flavor is added to the steak AFTER cooking it, - instead of before - infusing freshness right on top before serving it up.
It allows the meat to develop its own natural flavours from the hot coals or grill.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 TBSP fresh oregano chopped finely
- 1 TBSP fresh basil chopped fine
- 1/2 TBSP fresh tarragon chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic mined
- 2 limes juiced
- Place your steak on the grill to cook it. We’ll be using an indirect, reverse sear method on this charcoal grill.
- While the steaks are cooking, we can work on our fresh, reverse marinade. In a bowl, combine the ingredients above: olive oil, red wine vinegar, roughly chopped cilantro, parsley and fresh herbs, garlic, as well as fresh lime juice.
- Mix well:
- Once the steak is cooked to your liking, remove and top with our marinade, allowing to sit for a few minutes before enjoying!