Ingredients for Cowboy Butter:
- 1 cup Melted Butter
- 1 medium Lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1.5 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp Chopped Chives
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Cayenne Powder
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- (Optional) Season your ribeye steaks with your favourite rub or dry brine over night
- The Reverse Sear Method:
- This is an indirect cooking method. In your BBQ, have a warm zone and a cool zone (left/right or front/back). If you’re able to add smoke flavor, you can do so at this point.
- Have the steak come up to the desired temperature as slowly as you can (see guide here).
- While the steak is cooking, we can work on the Cowboy Butter.
- You’re going to need the ingredients listed above: melted butter, fresh chopped parsley & chives, chopped garlic, black pepper, cayenne powder, and dijon mustard. Give that a mix.
- Once you’ve reached the desired doneness, it’s time to sear the steak. You’ll want to get it over a very warm flame for just a few minutes per side or until a crust forms.
- Since we’re using a Charcoal grill for this recipe, we’ll be doing the Caveman Style method - placing the steak directly on the red-hot coals! Don’t worry about some of the charcoal sticking to the meat or any charcoal dust - hot coals burn clean and don’t stick (too much). The additional flavour is incredible - trust us!